Sunday 21 June 2015

Layers & Asymmetry | Outfit Inspiration #28

Boo!

I hope you've all had a terrific week! It's been pretty decent the past couple of days (I hope it holds up!) and I wanted to share with you an outfit I wore a couple of days ago. This white on white outfit is a perfect way to welcome the warmer weather, and keep cool. This outfit is bascially the exact opposite of the more casual version I posted HERE. I hope you enjoy! 

Faux Leather White Skort - White on White Life as a Petite
Chiffon White Asymmetric Cami Missguided Life as a Petite
Chiffon White Asymmetric Cami and Faux Leather White Skort Missguided Life as a Petite

I had been looking for a white cami for ages but could not find anything that fitted my requirements. Requirements? What kind of requirements would a white cami need apart from being white and strappy?...Haha I can completely understand if it all seems quite silly but I wanted one that was chiffon and layered, too much to ask for? Possibly as none of my searches were unsuccessful, but then I found this beauty on Missguided. The downside is that it is quite long as you can see in the picture above...I can basically wear it as a dress! Also, it is slightly on the sheer side for me, so nude underwear it is. But I wanted to use that asymmetrical layering to my advantage by tucking it into the skort, making it look like a shorter cami. I was pretty chuffed with the result as it didn't look to shabby!

I absolutely adore this cream faux leather skort. I was never too keen on the usual white skort with the split of the two sides slap bang in the middle as I thought it looked a little odd and wouldn't suit me. I preferred something that was a little off centre. It took me absolutely ages to find this skort, and when I did they didn't have my size...typical! Anyway, after a good few months it finally came back in stock! I really like how it is cream as it makes a good contrast with the white cami in material and in colour. It costed £20 which is a little more than what I would have wanted to pay, but seeing as though I had been looking for something like this for ages I thought I might as well, rather than waste time finding something else. Apart from the price, another downside with this skort is that, because it is faux leather it's not that breathable, so I wouldn't recommend wearing this if you're going to end up being sweaty haha. 

Chiffon White Asymmetric Cami and Faux Leather White Skort Missguided Life as a Petite
Principles Petite by Ben de Lisi pale pink petite blazer
Now, this jacket...ahhh what can I say other than I am in love! I was browsing for pale pink blazers as I only own black/grey (how summery haha) and found this gorgeous piece on Debenhams' website. It was the exact colour I wanted it too be, not too pink, was petite-sized and had zips! (I am a little obsessed with things that have a zip at the moment haha) But it was £55...I really liked it but didn't see how I could part with that kind of money. So I decided to wait and see whether it would drop in price, and kept browsing. It so happened that one day I clicked on the bookmark I had made for this jacket (who doesn't bookmark things they love?) and Debenhams had a sale whoop! It fell to £25! You'd probably think that's not a huge fall but to me it was and I felt justified, rightly or not, in purchasing it, and I am so happy I did. It's such a great colour for the summer, and just dresses any outfit up, like any blazer would. 

So below are just a couple of snaps with the blazer on. I just finished the look off with my powder blue clutch and some strappy heels. I managed to buy them for £15, down from £30, oh yeah! In a way I wish I had purchased heels with a thinner strap as I'm not sure whether they 'cut' my ankle too drastically, but then again the gold looks quite snazzy, doesn't it? They are out of stock at the moment but I will link it down below just in case they come back into stock.
Gold Plate Ankle Strap Heeled white Missguided Life as a Petite

Faux Leather White Skort - White on White Life as a Petite

Pale Pink Blazer paired with white asymmetric and layered pieces lifeasapetite


***
Outfit Details:
Blazer: Debenhams
Heels: Missguided // HERE [Similar]
Skort: Missguided // HERE
Asymmetric Cami: Missguided // HERE
Clutch: New Look
***

I hope you guys liked this outfit :) What are your thoughts on skorts? What are your go to summer outfits?

Enjoy the rest of your day, and have a fantastic week ahead! Take care and speak soon!

You can also find me: Bloglovin' || Twitter || Instagram || Pinterest || Facebook

84 comments:

  1. Love this color combo! The asymmetrical layering is gorgeous and you know how to pull that look off well!

    Rathana •• FAB FASHIONAIRE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about your outfit. It looks fab! :)

    PS. You would have no problem finding petite clothes in Japan. Over here (we live in Osaka), the majority of women are extremely small, and because I have the body type of a typical European I struggle to find clothes (and high heels) that fit me over here. I need to stock up every time I come to the UK on holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great outfit and I love how you've layered it up!

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this outfit! So chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outfit choices are really cute. I like your colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it! This colour combination really is so perfect for this kind of weather! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thank you so much, it means a lot :) I have never been to Japan actually, it's definitely on my travel wishlist, but I can completely understand your struggle when in the UK. It's so strange going to HK and having everything in my size haha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I'm glad you liked the layering, as I wasn't 100% sure that it would work so it's always great to get feedback :) Also thank you for passing by my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is such an 'easy' colour combo and white goes with anything :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your sense of style. I read your blog regularly to find new inspirations! Keep up posting your outfits! Love it!

    x Rubylixious
    http://xrubylixious.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love how the cami seems to flow into the skirt - fantastic layering! Also, you're not alone in having 'requirements' for camis, I went without purchasing one for nearly a YEAR before finding my 'perfect' style.. which, of course, was at Zara!

    I hope you have a fantastic week ahead, Isabella :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. life is a shoe22 June 2015 at 17:40

    what a great outfit! i love the heels and the jacket!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely colours and chic ensemble. Very cute!

    Hello, just stumbled on your blog from Linda's. Nice to meet you, I like your style already! :-)
    xoxo
    Cara @ www.xocara.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this all white look, with the pink jacket

    xo

    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great combo! I love how you made the cami look shorter.

    Jasmine xx
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful outfit. I love it when you see something you love and you get it for a bargain.

    Katie x

    www.katiejaneonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I am in love with that jacket! ♥ Can't believe you snagged it for £25! Bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfit! I like the shoes and clutch!

    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, LOVE that blazer! I've been after something similar in a cream colour for a wedding I'm off to during the summer so I'll have to take a look in Debenhams :)


    Louise x


    With love from Lou

    ReplyDelete
  21. Layers are perfect for this changeable weather that we are having at the moment. Love the neutral tones in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the pastel colour against the white. Lovely combo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i actually haven't been able to find the perfect white cami either, this one is really cute!


    avecdanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love pastels for summer. Loved this pastel blazer a lot. Lovely ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this amazing look, Isa. It's sweet and charming. The jacket is TDF no wonder you are in love. That's a great bargain, down to 25 bucks, that's more than 50%, girl. Wow! And for the cami, Isa that's one gorgeous cami, just something I would love to get my hands at, long enough to wear over a mini skirt or skorts. So as you can probably tell I loooooove your outfit...........but all white and fluffy Alfi? I think that's not going so good together, hahaha. I still need to get a skort, btw, can you believe it, I don't have a skort, I just can't find the one that would be me. Gee I wrote a book today.
    kisses and cuddles
    Lenya

    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a gorgeous outfit! Love the clutch and the heels. <3

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you! I'm still so in love with the white on white look, and the pink jacket! I need more ideas on what to wear it with :p I'm sure I'll get inspiration from all your amazing outfits though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it, and that it turned out well! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much! I know, it's one of the best feelings ever! It might sound a little strange, but it's as if you've won the 'battle' in not paying the full price (if that makes sense:p) x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I know right! I was so shocked, hopefully something like this will come back in stock! x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes, I definitely have a quick peak at Debenhams, I think I might have seen a cream one on their website a couple of days ago. If not, I hope you do find something soon and have a great time at the wedding! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much! I'm never good at layering, so I'm glad you liked it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so so much! I do love pastels and whites together, it's just such an easy summer look x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you! I would definitey advise on keep looking, there's definitely one out there for you hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you so so much, I'm glad you liked it! x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you so so much as always Lenay! hahaha Alfie doesn't actually shed a lot of hair and had a wash when I wore this outfit so it wasn't bad at all. Although if he had just come back from playing outside then that would be a disaster. Imagine a paw print on the white cami :p Ahh lenya, you would look amazing in a skort! You definitely need to get yourself one! Oh my goodness you wrote a book?? That's incredible, congratulations!! Would love to hear more about it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you so much Emma! I still can't get enough of those heels! x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you so much, it really was such a bargain as well! Thank you, you too! x

    ReplyDelete
  39. disqus_yuIqMivomB28 June 2015 at 08:48

    always like asymmetrical clothes but what wow-ed me in this post is the coat this time ;)

    http://popiahc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hahaha, Isa, I love your sense of humor. You know perfectly well that I was referring to my long comment, lol. Awww Isa, luv ya. Yeah that's what I meant a big paw print on your white skort, the dang thing is, you can't get rid of it, no matter how often you wash the thing, tho. At least I have never found any solution for such things. kisses and cuddles

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great outfit, I really love your blazer and heels. They're so cute

    ReplyDelete
  42. i really love your taste in fashion.
    this is really simple but still fashionable.
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the outwear! Gosh the pale pink looks great with the whole outfit! =)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely outfit! And I agree - who doesn't bookmark things they love, in the hope that what happened to you, exactly happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the light pink blazer with the white cami. I dont think I can pull off the skort though. Can I borrow your killer legs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the coat there and that layered top is amazing too! All in all a lovely pairing here

    New Post - Style..A Pastiche!
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  47. Fatemah Sajwani29 June 2015 at 13:51

    Wow the blazer is just amazing. I've recently become fond of blazers as I am doing my bachelors in business administration and we have many meetings and presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  48. As always love all your outfit ideas... Im a fan of this kinda layered top. the peach coat here is the bomb i must say!

    do drop by... GreenStory
    Join me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beauty_Blogette29 June 2015 at 19:57

    This jacket is really beautiful. I love the color. The asymmetric skort look so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. the blazer is beautiful! i love skorts and am still wearing them :D

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you so much! I used to love the hi-low skirts but really love this kind of asymmetrical top and skort! The blazer is gorgeous isn't it? I still can't believe I managed to snap it up at that price! x

    ReplyDelete
  52. That's really kind of you to say, and really means a lot! I love the minimalistic kind of look :) x

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you! It really does brighten the whole outfit, even if it is just subtly :) x

    ReplyDelete
  54. I have so many bookmarks it's ridiculous:p But it definitely is a great idea :D Hopefully you'll have some luck with the things you love as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thank you so much! I'm sure you'd look fantastic in it! My legs have never been described as killer, so that really means a lot! As I'm quite little they're usually not what people want:p So thank you!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thank you so much, I'm glad you like it! x

    ReplyDelete
  57. It is, isn't it? I just can't get over how gorgeous it is as well, plus I love the little zip pockets hehe. Blazers are amazing in meetings and presentation as it just gives you a more sophisticated and professional look :) If you have any other presentations coming up, good luck with them! x

    ReplyDelete
  58. I know! I think the only solution is soaking it and cleaning it as soon as you can. I've never had that experience before, and hopefully will never have to eek! Have a lovely weekend lovely lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
  59. Thank you so much Tamanna! I'm glad you like my outfit ideas! It's so so lovely to hear! x

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thank you so much! It's such a subtle yet girly colour :) x

    ReplyDelete
  61. I actually got inspired by your post about skorts! So thank you for the inspiration hehe, I'm so glad to have found this one, and can completely understand why you are still loving them! x

    ReplyDelete
  62. awww i feel honoured :') glad to have inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
  63. This is such a gorgeous outfit and I love that blazer!
    Laura x
    fbl-savvy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  64. Thank you so much Laura, it really means a lot :)x

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love the name skorts! Love the outfit, especially the summery colours.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I'm currently looking for a pink jacket/blazer :) I'm also petite, so I think it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Your outfit looks amazing, the blazer is my favourite piece

    ReplyDelete
  68. The asymmetric skort looks very cute. Great outfit and you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  69. This such an uber chic look <3

    xx

    Maliha
    Rao / Red Alice Rao

    ReplyDelete
  70. Lovely outfit, I love your shoes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  71. Thank you so much! I can't get enough of it hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  72. It's such a funny name I think haha, when I was younger I only heard it in the context of sports but it's cool that they're considered fashionable now haha. Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  73. Would definitely have a browse of debenhams they do have amazing pieces x

    ReplyDelete
  74. Thank you so much! I think it's probably my favourite as well, tied with my heels hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  75. Thank you! They were such a bargain too! x

    ReplyDelete
  76. Unfortunetely, we don't have it in Poland :(

    ReplyDelete
  77. Oh no, that's a shame! Well I hope you do manage to find the perfect blazer soon! Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  78. thx, the same 2u! xo

    ReplyDelete
  79. Thank you so much! It's such a gorgeous colour/shade to wear but definitely requires a lot of care haha x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...