Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend :)
As you can see from the title, this post has to do with Frozen...I know people have been obsessing about it, and I admit to being guilty of that...I just love the film so much and I'll list the reasons below :p A bit behind everyone else, but never mind:p For those who've not watched Frozen, be warned that there are spoilers after the second picture :)
Before that, however, I just wanted to mention a little bargain that I found, well actually was made aware of via emaill. I joined Topcashback a few months back and usually just delete their promotional emails, which I find a little annoying. Yes I could unsubscribe but you never know what treasures might be found;p And I'm so glad I didn't for this very reason: I got the Frozen DVD for FREE! I love Frozen and everything, but £10 for a DVD? Really? Maybe I don't love the film that much, I don't know haha.
Unfortunately this offer has already expired (sorry! I should've posted earlier) but I would highly recommend joining Topcashback. For those who have not heard of this website, basically you get cash back on your purchases from certain retailers such as Asos, Missguided, Boohoo etc. It's actually a really great site if you shop at these places often. Okay the cash back may not be that great but if you add it all up it can be quite a bit. Although I should warn you that the cash back doesn't come through very quickly...the retailers are very slow. If you think about it though, there's nothing to lose really - it's a bonus to get cash back, and sign up is for free :) Just remember to login into Topcashback and make sure your transaction is recorded, BEFORE you start buying things, otherwise you won't get the cash back :)
|Two of my favourite things all in one picture: Fairy lights and Frozen!|
Wow that was a little bit long winded wasn't it...oopsy sorry! This last bargain of the week is going to be a lot shorter. As it's revision time a lot of highlighters and colour pens will be used. Do you any of you guys use Staedtler or Stabilo fine liners? They're good but pricey right? Well I have an alternative that is not only MUCH cheaper but also works just as well (okay granted that there may not be as many colours, but hey I'm not going to complain about a good bargain:p). So these fine liners below are from Asda at a bargain price of £1 per pack - yes, honestly one pound!! :)
So why do I like Frozen so much? Many of my reasons are similar to those who also adore the film. Although I love it, I have to admit that the storyline isn't the best from Disney. Why I love this movie so much is mainly the emotional connection I feel for/with the characters, but more about that later when I list my reasons :)
1) Emotional meltdown moments - I have cried every single time I've watched the film. Sad? Maybe, but I have my reasons;p Elsa and Anna were the best of friends when they were younger and that had to end, pretty abruptly, when Elsa hit Anna's head with her magic.
I have a sister who is one of bestest friends ever, and although we don't have any magical powers, which would be pretty cool but weird at the same time haha, thinking that I'd not be able to spend any time with her and just ignore her breaks my heart. I cry ever single time Anna sings 'just let me in' in 'Do You Want to Build a Snowman'. The sadness, loneliness, confusion and hurt...just...I can't explain it, and am tearing up a little thinking about it :'( But also when Anna froze to ice near the end...I'm gone. Every single time:'(
2) Elsa and Anna. This is very much linked to my first reason. The very first scenes where Anna wanted to play with Elsa reminds me SO much I my childhood. My sister actually said something very similar to Anna about being awake because the sun is up;p
3) Olaf. Some people don't like him because he's too cheesy. I love a bit of cheesy though. Plus everybody has been a child once with, at least some, innocent happy childhood memories, and Olaf just captures it. But also, although he's quite innocent I love how deep he is on love. So much, that his quote 'love is where you put someone's needs before your own' was my very first tweet..sad? Probably, oh well, I like it:p
4) Songs. As much as some people might not like them, they are very catchy! My favourites are probably 'Do you want to build a snowman' and 'Fixer Upper'. In relation to the last song, I don't think people give enough recognition to the Trolls. I love them so much, they're so cute!
5) Sven. This cute happy going reindeer reminds me of me. I am a massive sucker for fairy lights and candles, and get so excited over them. They just give me such a warm fuzzy happy feeling. So, in the scene where Anna, Kristoff and Sven see the magical winter wonderland with dangly fairy lights things, the way Sven reacted is similar to how I react haha. Okay that's probably very weird;p
So those are my reasons why I love Frozen :) What are reasons for liking, or even disliking Frozen? :)
Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!
Take care and speak soon!