I hope everyone's weekend has been relaxing :)
Soooo as mentioned in last week's post I have been craving soup, following from the Leek & Potato, I have made another one this weekend, Courgette & Pea! Soups definitely are a great and yummy way to get your daily vegetable intake. So I'd thought I'd share a recipe J and I did.
1 large onion, chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
4 large courgettes, sliced
400g of peas
650ml of vegetable stock (3 stock cubes)
125ml crème fraiche
Salt and pepper
Handheld blender - other forms can be used, I just found this saves more washing
Disclaimer: there are many different ways to make this soup, this is just our interpretation - the types of ingredients, amount as well as chronological steps taken. So some of the ingredients such as onions, garlic, mint etc can be skipped - it totally depends on your preference.
1. Add a small amount of olive oil to a large saucepan, and gently fry the onions and garlic for around 2 minutes.2. Add courgettes, mix ingredients, and sweat for 5-10 minutes, until they begin to turn as if barbecued.
3. Add stock and bring to the boil
4. Add the peas and mint. Gently simmer until all the ingredients are soft
5. Take off heat. Using hand blender, blend until smooth yet thick
6. Add crème fresh, salt and pepper to taste
7. And voila, your yummy home-made soup is ready!
I hope that was useful :) Take care and happy cooking!