Saturday 8 November 2014

White and Blue + Cross The Line | lifeasapetite Outfit #16

Boo!

I hope you've all had a fantastic week! This week I'm sharing an outfit I just can't get enough of, and  a new fashion inspiration platform, Cross The Line, I was recently introduced to. 

How much I really love this outfit is definitely reflected in the number of photos I have in this post. So I apologise for the various angles of basically the same thing, I just could not stop snapping away. I hope you all like it too :)

White Lace Dress - Life as a Petite
Powder/Light Blue Pointy Heels - Life as a Petite

First, I want to start with these gorgeous heels. As you may know I adore pastel/neutral colours and have been recently loving light blue/powder blue and had this vision in my head of the type of blue heels I wanted. I've mentioned before in my Monochrome Business/Work Outfit post about how much I loved the style of the character Rachel Zane, from Suits, especially her fantastic collection of pointy heels. They just look so chic and classy, and in my mind definitely elongates your legs. So there I was wanting to find a pair of pointy heels in light blue, but in true lifeasapetite style they had to be at a bargain price haha.

Have any of you also been in the position of wanting to recreate this vision you have in your head? Well there I was frantically searching for these light blue pointy heels and did not have any luck for absolutely ages. I'm definitely making it sound more dramatic than it was:p But I had almost given up when I spotted these beauties while browsing on Ebay.

I was so unbelievably excited when the came! I was a tiny bit disappointed though as they were more blue than shown in the pictures on Ebay, but I still really love them, as you can tell from my many photos.
Light Blue Pointy Heels - Life as a Petite
Light Blue Pointy Heels - lifeasapetite
Lace and Chiffon White Dress - Life as a Petite

Next is this white dress which has a lace top half and chiffon skirt. I just love the lace detailing at the top. The lace and v-cut back fuses cute and girly with a hint of sexy at the same time, and definitely makes what otherwise would have been a plain white bandeau dress a lot more interesting. Also, especially for a petite, I feel that the length of the dress is perfect. I bought this from Sheinside but actually found a cheaper version on Amazon which I will link below.
Lace White Dress - Life as a Petite

Outfit Idea: Chiffon White Dress - Life as a PetiteOutfit Idea: Chiffon White Dress - Life as a Petite

Bargain Mint Green Coat and White Dress - Life as a Petite
To complete this outfit, I finished it off with this mint coat (although in all fairness it does look a more blue which is a bonus as it matched my heels!). As you may know I was completely obsessed with mint for a while, with a couple of my posts featuring the colour. A couple of months ago Topshop was selling this amazing mint coat and I was lusting over it so much. Although I really wanted it I just could not bring myself to part with £80/90ish for a coat which, at that price, wasn't even partly made out of wool...Since then I had been searching for a mint coat. A good couple of months (or even half a year or so) went by and I came across this coat while browsing on Missguided. This coat was half the price of the one at Topshop for about £35 which I thought was much more appealing.


Cross The Line
Cross The LineCross The Line

Finally, if any of you were looking for some further fashion inspiration I have a new platform to share! I'm personally always looking for inspiration for my outfits, or just posts in general. Inspiration literally is everywhere it's just about taking a step back and appreciating the things before your eyes, and also definitely from reading other blogs. Pinterest does the job as well but there's a lot of to trawl through. So I was introduced to Cross The Line over at www.crossthelinex.com not that long ago and I found their concept quite interesting. Cross The Line launched in early August and aim to promote Asian up-and-coming fashion designers. Currently they have 14 designers (7 from Hong Kong; 7 from Taiwan), and will have more designers from other countries in Asia in the fourth quarter. What I like most about Cross The Line is that they share monthly fashion inspiration and stories HERE, and feature up-and-coming fashion designers and their products on their front page. I think this is a fantastic way to help support talented people and to find new inspiration

***
Dress: Sheinside // HERE or Amazon
Heels: Ebay // HERE
Coat: Missguided // HERE
***

I hope you enjoyed this outfit post, I certainly loved wearing it. I know it's probably not the most autumn/winter friendly outfit but there's nothing wrong with hanging onto summer right?:p 
What have been your favourite purchases or bargains? 

Have a fantastic weekend!

 Take care and speak soon. 


91 comments:

  1. They are so cute.. Love the shoes colour and the dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful outfit, When you talk about places of inspiration I've only seen 1 other person do this but look into Game characters, Games such as final fantasy have some of the best character art, and one person I have seen design's her outfits based on these characters but not in a cosplay way but in a casual everyday way

    ReplyDelete
  3. to further this comment look espescially at Yuna some of her clothing is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a stunning outfit! The shoes and dress together remind me of a modern day Cinderella, and the coat is absolutely stunning! I love getting gems like that in the sale.

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress! I am obsessed with lace dresses so really need to pick up one like this :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. this dress is so cute ♥

    Check out a giveaway on my blog http://fashionaddiction-style.blogspot.dk/2014/10/giveaway-echopaul.htmlhttp://fashionaddiction-style.blogspot.dk/2014/10/giveaway-echopaul.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. TT this is stunning. Love the dress, it's darling, love the heels, they are TDF! Love the complete outfit and you look beautiful wearing it girl. My favorite purchases lately? Uhmmmm......far to many, hahaha. As for the vision, I always have them, they pop into my mind all the time, dunno why. How's little fluffy ball doing?
    kisses for you and cuddles for Alfie
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. That white dress is so pretty, I love it with the blue
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You lovely in white and mint! I totally agree about the heels (no words left). Thank you for sharing about this new platform. I'll check it out.

    Jasmine ♥
    For a Real Woman - Instagram - Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress is lovely, I love the delicate detail on it and the colour of the shoes and jacket look fab with it!


    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The whole outfit is just stunning, I love everything from the delicate detail around the top of the dress to the matching shoes and coat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous outfit - I love the blue heels though I would never be able to walk in any that high haha! xo


    www.seekmyscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous dress! So feminine and pretty. I also love the pairing of the clean white with the pastel mint.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colour of your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty dress. I've not heard of this brand before. Well done with your eBay success. I don't seem to have much luck with stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do not blame you for the amount of pictures because that dress and those shoes are a total knock-out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the outfit, what a unique shoe color. Loved the dress. I will be checking out cross the line.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look lovely! the heels are gorgeous was well ! you look really feminine :p


    gilliannong.com - giglove

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rajalakshmi Murali12 November 2014 at 05:25

    Oh my.. this outfit looks so cute. White n blue makes a gorgeous pastel combo.. Lovely!! <3 giglove

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you very much! Hope it's not too summery;p But I really am loving this colour combination as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you very much gillian, really appreciate such kind words :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Nia! I know! I actually had not seen my shoes with that colour but was so adamant to find some ;p Hope you find some lovely inspiration on there :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww thank you Mia, I'm glad you liked it! I just got so carried away :p x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you very much! Definitely worth checking them out, one downside of them is that it takes about a month to post (really not a fan of waiting that long for clothes especially when all you want to do is to try it on haha). But it was worth the wait :) The problem is that there just is too much on Ebay and I do tend to spend a lot longer than expected. Think one of the key things is to look at the similar items/what other people have been buying part :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you, they're just such a beautiful colour, and I'm trying to convince myself it is a nice pair of winter shoes ;) haha x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you very much! Definitely think that you cannot go wrong with white, it's just so easy to pair. And actually think the mint and white do make quite a clean sharp look :) x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much Megan! Haha yeah I've been trying to walk them in but would definitely have to bring with me some flats :p Hope you are well!! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you very much! I never know whether I'm going too overboard with matching coats and shoes but I'm glad it turned out okay and you liked it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much Corinne, I'm so glad you liked it :D Hope you're having a fab week! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you very much Jasmine! Hope you find some new inspiration, and are having a great week as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  31. When I first saw them on Ebay I literally had the same reaction - and tbh that's what my reaction is to all your shoes that you post as well :p I think it's because you're such a creative person :) And your outfits always turn out so lovely!! He's doing amazing, taught him a couple of tricks:p and he says hello with his little tail wagging :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Aww I'm glad you liked it!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  33. They actually do some maxi ones and long sleeved ones similar to this so hopefully you'll find somehting you fancy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. I always feel so happy after getting awesome things on sale :p Thank you so much for your lovely comment India, I hope you didn't mind but I named my look on lookbook as 'Modern Cinderella' after reading your comment :D x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you very much, really appreciate it! Actually getting inspiration from game characters is a great idea, thanks!! x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aww I'm glad you liked it Latoyah :) x

    ReplyDelete
  37. you are most welcome, Please come pay me a visit at
    myhousestories.blogspot.co.uk
    poempantry.blogspot.co.uk
    retrohousegames.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  38. awww lovely outfit! One of my favourite colour combination heh. you look really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am IN LOVE with that dress oh my goodness! It looks lovely on you :) x

    www.aillyx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the dress and shoes and wow what a bargain on the mint coat when you eventually found one :) I don't think I would have been able to pay the topshop original price. It really does look great with the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful dress! You're such a good dress hunter! I really want to rely on ebay or amazon but the shipping is almost killing me and topshop in my country pretty rare launching a sale, lol!

    modimelodi | A blog by Moudy

    ReplyDelete
  42. This outfit look so lovely, love your shoes :)

    http://www.glamupgirls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. I like mint colour too. I actually didn't buy anything worth shouting about lately :-(

    ReplyDelete
  44. lovely dress! and i love the minty shade of the heels. but it's soooo high i probably can't balance myself in them
    giglove

    ReplyDelete
  45. Aww such a cute outfit! its perfect

    ReplyDelete
  46. Stunning post! The blue shoes are absolutely gorgeous and the dress looks amazing on you :) xx

    http://shynature.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love how you've matched the coat to the shoes and this white dress is so feminine and ethereal! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk



    x

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you so much Gabrielle! I must admit that it wasn't totally a coincidence in matching but then again I just love mint haha. Hope you're well! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you so much for passing by lauren, really appreciate it and also for your lovely comment!! x

    ReplyDelete
  50. Thank you so much Rachel for checking out my blog as well! Hope you enjoy blogging as much as i do :) x

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you so much! They do need a bit of getting used to - I've been walking around in them just to break them in...imagine the blisters haha x

    ReplyDelete
  52. Aww :( After the christmas comin up, i'm sure you'll be able to find something, or especially during teh christmas sales there will be so many bargains! :p x

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you so much for your kind comment :) x

    ReplyDelete
  54. That's so kind of you to say, thank you! I love this colour combination too! What are your other favourites? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  55. Aww thank you aileen! I think the lace trend is coming back in full swing now (not that it ever went away tbh haha) but a lot of shops seem to be selling these kind of dresses. If you see anything awesome do share with us all :p x

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thank you very much! No I definitely wouldn't have been able to pay that price either, and then again I wouldn't even if I could haha. I don't understand how they can charge so much;p x

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thank you so much Moudy! Oh dear, how much is the shipping?! I usually try to go for free shipping things:p I rarely go into topshop either, as I find there's no point as things are always so overpriced :p x

    ReplyDelete
  58. Those shoes are so beautiful! And they look perfect with the white dress ^^

    giglove!

    novelstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. whoaaah what a pretty dress, so feminine ~~♡
    And I like the blue mint color. Giglove

    ReplyDelete
  60. In love with your white lacy dress!! Perfect for every occasion!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  61. It such a pretty outfit and I am in love with your shoes! GIG love :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. i am in love with the heels! the perfect colour

    ReplyDelete
  63. Those shoes are gorgeous and go perfectly with your dress giglove

    ReplyDelete
  64. Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie18 November 2014 at 03:45

    Love love love those powder blue pumps. So classic and so chic. They look perfect with that white dress! <3 GIGLove

    ReplyDelete
  65. OH MY!! That dress is gorgeous! I love the details and how you paired it with the blue shoes and jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love how you styled that white dress with blue accents ! Looks fab!

    GIG Love

    New Post - xoxo Chaicy - Style..A Pastiche!

    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  67. First I thought the dress was perfect. However, I think I'm leaning towards saying those sky blue heels are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  68. i love that white dress!
    omg so beautiful... and match with the high heels <3

    ReplyDelete
  69. Revenian Serenalexia18 November 2014 at 13:49

    As the shoe lover, I like the shoes soooo much!! But with that such pointed heels, I don't think I can wear it.. Hahaha.. Nice posting BTW, dear!! :) ~GIG
    www.fiarevenian.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. Thank you very much! I'm glad you like them as much as I do hehe :) x

    ReplyDelete
  71. Thank you sarah! That's so true, not sure it'll be easy to pull off casual look in the dress, but I sure would make any excuse to wear this dress :p x

    ReplyDelete
  72. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  73. It is crazy to think of such a small amount of material can make such a difference :p Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  74. That's really knd of you to say, thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  75. I literally had the same thinking, I keep going back and forth as well, but I think the shoes wins this round :p x

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hehe there are so many amazing shoes out there, I just wish I could have them all ahha :p They do need a little bit of practice, think I'm getting the hang of it :D x

    ReplyDelete
  77. Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it! x

    ReplyDelete
  78. pretty dress

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  79. Awww the heels look so nice and cute >< never loved the color before but this one is actually super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Suki and the City23 November 2014 at 18:40

    Love the white with the tiffany blue!


    www.SukiandtheCity.com

    ReplyDelete
  81. That dress is soooo pretty!!! I would never be able to get away with wearing that! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...